Tourist Attractions within the Asheville NC Area
Here is a list of attractionsin the NC mountains and Asheville area
Blue Ridge Parkway NC
Blue Ridge Parkway Entrances
- Assessable in several locations around Asheville North Carolina; beautiful drive, especially in the Fall when the leaves are changing (this time of year the Parkway is crowded with tourists, expect slower traffic) Watch for bicyclists particularly in the warmer months.
Chimney Rock Park
- A 1000-acre scenic attraction located 25 miles southeast of Asheville, NC, offers breathtaking views, hiking trails, Nature Center, picnic areas. Highway 74 east, close to lake lure.
Grandfather Mountain - Linville, NC
- Grandfather Mountain, highest peak in the Blue Ridge, is the only private park in the world designated by the UNESCO as an International Biosphere Research
Hotels near Boone NC
Great Smokies Mountain Railroad
- Train ride through the Smoky Mountains - breathtaking scenery. Gourmet Dinner. Bryson City and Dillsboro.
Hotels in Bryson City NC
North Carolina Arboretum
- Near West Asheville - Beautiful Botanical Gardens at the Bent Creek nature trails.
Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest
- One of the few remaining virgin hardwood tracts in the Appalachians, is located in Graham County. Slickrock Creek Wilderness Area Slickrock Creek is one of the most adventurous of the trails in Joyce Kilmer
Hotels in Robbinsville North Carolina
Cherokee North Carolina Attractions
Cherokee Indians History
- Oconaluftee Indian Village
- The Museum of the Cherokee Indian
- "Unto These Hills" Outdoor Drama
- Qualla Arts and Crafts Mutual
- Cherokee Heritage Museum and Gallery
- Cherokee Bear Zoo & Plaza
- Cherokee Fun Park