New Year's Day Superstitions for Good Luck
Here are things I have heard in the
NC mountains that people do every year to ensure luck.
New Years Superstitions Tradition
- Eat Black Eyed Peas Collard Greens and Hog Jowl for
New Years Day Dinner to insure good luck all year.
- Don't take your Christmas tree down until New Years
Day or you will have bad luck all year.
- What ever you are doing at midnight New Years Eve you
will do all year round.
- Its bad luck to see a red haired person on New years
- Never carry ashes out of your house on New Year's day
or someone in your house will have bad luck
- Never sweep your house on New Year's day, or some one
will be swept away before next year comes.
- Dont cut your hair or trim your nails on New Year's
day or you cut your fortune.
Country Cooking Traditional Methods
Applesauce Cake Recipes