Use this guide to find inexpensive places to stay in Colorado. Quality
hotels you can trust to deliver a pleasant and comfortable place to stay:
Best Western, Days Inn, Marriott, Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn, Hyatt, Omni,
in Colorado have swimming pools. Some have spas, in-room Jacuzzis, whirlpools, airport
shuttle services and more amenities.
Choose from lodges, condos, pet friendly lodging, cheap motels,
golf resorts, vacation studios, villa rentals, apartments, bed and breakfast
inns (bnbs), luxury suites, small boutique hotels and more.
Economy travelers will be happy to
know that they can find a hotel/motel for under $100.00.
Colorado Pictures from my Parents travels include photos taken of
the Rocky Mountains,
Estes Park, and Bear Tooth Mountain.
Mesa Verde Cliff Dwellings near Cortez
Popular destinations & Major Population Areas:
The capital of Colorado is Denver.
Colorado Springs- Sandstone Spires in Garden of the Gods,
Cortez - Mesa Verde National Park
Estes Park- east gateway to The Rocky Mountain National Park
The Broadmoor - From (200.00)
1 Lake Avenue - Colorado Springs, 80906
5 Star hotel rating
top of page
- Aspen Pitkin County Airport (ASE)
- Colorado Springs Airport (COS)
- Denver International Airport (DEN)
- Eagle County Regional Airport (EGE) near Vail, Eagle, Gypsum
- Fort Collins Loveland Municipal Airport (FNL)
- Walker Field Airport (GJT) near Grand Junction
- Pueblo Memorial Airport (PUB)
- Landry's Downtown Aquarium Denver is in Denver.
- Colorado Rockies is Coors Field in Denver.
Concerts and Sports Arenas
- 1770 Sherman Street Event Complex is in Denver.
- Arnold Hall is in USAF Academy.
- Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities
- Avalon Theater is in Grand Junction.
- Aztlan Theater is in Denver.
- Bluebird Theatre is in Denver.
- Boulder Theatre
- Budweiser Events Center is in Loveland.
- Center for the Arts is in Crested Butte.
- Chautauqua Auditorium is in Boulder.
- City Auditorium is in Colorado Springs.
- City Lights Pavilion is in Denver.
- Clune Arena is at the USAF Academy.
- Community Concert Hall is in Durango.
- Coors Amphitheatre is in Englewood.
- Coors Event & Conference Center is in Boulder.
- Denver Botanic Gardens Amphitheatre
- Denver Center for the Performing Arts
- Denver Coliseum
- Dobson Event Center is in Vail.
- Fillmore Auditorium is in Denver.
- Fox Theatre is in Boulder.
- Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater is in Vail.
- Glenn Miller Ballroom is in Boulder.
- Gold Rush Outdoor Palladium is in Cripple Creek.
- Gothic Theatre is in Englewood.
- Island Grove Event Center is in Greeley.
- Lincoln Center is in Fort Collins.
- Macky Auditorium Concert Hall is in Boulder.
- Magness Arena is in Denver.
- Newman Center for the Performing Arts is in Denver.
- Ogden Theatre is in Denver.
- Oriental Theater is in Denver.
- Paramount Theatre is in Denver.
- Pepsi Center is in Denver.
- Pikes Peak Center is in Colorado Springs.
- Red Rocks Amphitheatre is in Morrison.
- Riverwalk Center is in Breckenridge.
- Sheridan Opera House is in Telluride.
- Strings Music Tent is in Steamboat Springs.
- Telluride Conference & Performing Arts Center.
- Union Colony Civic Center is in Greeley.
- University Center is in Greeley.
- Vilar Center for the Arts at Beaver Creek is in Avon.
- Wheeler Opera House is in Aspen.
- World Arena is in Colorado Springs.
- The Broadmoor Resort & Convention Center is in Colorado Springs.
- Colorado Convention Center is in Denver.
- Denver Merchandise Mart
- Phil Long Expo Center is in Colorado Springs.
- Pueblo Convention Center
- Denver Broncos is INVESCO Field at Mile High in Denver.
- Air Force Academy is north of Colorado Springs.
- Peterson Air Force Base is near Colorado Springs.
- Fort Carson is south of Colorado Springs.
- Black Canyon Of The Gunnison National Park is near Gunnison and
located on the Gunnison River.
- Colorado National Monument is near Fruita. The National monument
contains canyons, prehistoric remains, monoliths and petrified woods.
- Dinosaur National Monument is near Gunnison. There are fossil beds
- Great Sand Dunes National Park & Preserve is near Mosca. The Park
has over 80 sq. miles of Sand Dunes.
- Mesa Verde National Park is near Cortez. Mesa Verde contains close
to 350 cliff dwellings and around400 Mesa top pueblos. There are several
hundred pit dwellings here too.
- Rocky Mountain National Park is near Estes Park. Estes Park Village
is the east gateway to the Rocky Mountain National Park.
Popular Ski Areas
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area is near
- Copper Mountain Resort is near
- Crested Butte Mountain Resort is near
Mount Crested Butte.
- Durango Mountain Resort is near
- Loveland Ski Area is near
- Monarch Ski & Snowboard Area is near Monarch.
- Powderhorn Resort is near Mesa.
- SolVista Golf & Ski Ranch is near
- Steamboat Ski Resort is near Steamboat.
- Sunlight Mountain Resort is near
- Telluride Ski Resort is near
- Vail Resort is near
- Winter Park Resort is near
- Wolf Creek Ski Area is near
University of Colorado Campus
- Boulder - Main Campus
- Colorado Springs
- Grand Junction VA Medical Center
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is in Colorado Springs.
- Denver Zoo
top of page
Pikes Peak is 14,110 ft. high and a rampart range of the Rocky Mountains
located in El Paso County near Cascade and Manitou Springs.
Sandstone Spires in Garden of the Gods is near Colorado Springs 70 miles
south of Denver. The garden is 500 acres of brightly colored sandstone.
The state's mean elevation is 6800 ft. There are 55 mountain peaks that
rise over 14000 ft. There are over 1000 mountain peaks that rise above 10,000
ft. The mountain range runs north to south. Long peak is over 14255 ft.
Mt. Evans is 14260 ft. Blaca Peak is 14317 ft. Mt. Elbert is the highest
peak at 14431 ft.
The main rivers in Colorado are: the North Platte, South Platte, Arkansas,
Colorado, Green, Yampa, White, Gunnison, Dolores, San Juan rivers.
Notable Canyons: Black Canyon of Gunnison River, Gore Canyon, and Yampa
Denver, the capital is referred to as the mile high city and is 5280
ft in elevation.
Cities with the most populations are: Colorado Springs, Pueblo, Boulder,
Aurora and Fort Collins.
The continental divide also runs through the state.
top of page