Asheville NC Museums
Asheville Folk Art Museum
located on the Blue Ridge Parkway
Museum is located on Pack Square in downtown Asheville. Exhibits
include 20th and 21st century American art.
Colburn Earth Science Museum is located at Pack Square
Culturate District. It is an interactive earth science museum
with exhibits on meteorology, the history of local mining and a
collections of gems and minerals.
- Estes Winn Antique Car Museum is located at
111 Grovewood Rd. It was established in 1965. It has 19 rare and
vintage automobiles, horse drawn carriages and Asheville's 1922
- Mountain Farm Museum - Reconstruction of early pioneer buildings
- North Carolina Homespun Museum is located at 111 Grovewood Rd. Covers history of Biltmore industries and the people involved with them. See
photos and artifacts on the Biltmore industries of the area.
- Smith McDowell House Museum located at 283 Victoria Rd. on the
AB Tech community college campus. The house is the oldest surviving
house in Asheville. It is an antebellum mansion. The museum exhibits
furnishing from the1840 - 1900.
- Swannanoa Valley Museum - Black Mountain - Covers history from the Stone Age period to present man
- Mountain Heritage Museum - Art of quilt making, and other crafts, demonstrations
Radio Museum - This a new museum in Ashville North Carolina that focuses on antique radios, the history. It is fun for kids and free. It hasmany old radios and an operating amateur radio station.The museum is located at A-B Technical Community College, Victoria Road, in Room 315 of the Elm Building.
Memorial State Historic Site is located at 52 Market St. This is
the boyhood home of the author Thomas Wolfe who wrote Look Homeward
Center located at 39 South Market Street, is a national
historic landmark. It was commissioned by George Vanderbilt in
1893. The cneter has classes, art galleries and performances in
African American art and history.
See Also WNC Historic Landmarks